just because you’re out of my life now, doesn’t mean that i’ll never forget our memories. it doesn’t mean i’m going to rip all of my photos of us off the wall, forget the times i kissed you, held your hand, looked into your eyes. those times—are in the past—but they were real.
the things that i won’t forget:
- the first time you kissed me in 301
- the time i told you that you were my best friend in the third grade
- the times where we used to pretend that we were married, and we owned a hotel in long beach island… and how i used to dream that would come true
- the time my dad wanted to throw the telescope into the ocean and once we left him… we laughed about it for hours… and days… and even years
- when we sold seashells together when we were five
- how i cried every time we said goodbye
- when i used to stay up late talking to you every day
- when i told you that i liked you for the first time… you were the first person i ever said “i love you,” to… that was real
- making jokes about harry and how we missed the connors so much
- when we used to wait all year, just to be together for one week
- the time when we both didn’t know what was going on… until you asked me to come upstairs to your room, and i did… and one thing lead to another
- how you asked me to cheat on my boyfriend for you, and although i didn’t… the temptation was there though
- when you came to visit this summer, and we sat in your car talking… how something felt so right being with you, i could tell you anything… and how when my friends saw us together they were amazed by our chemistry, i though that was the way we’d always be. you were my best friend, and nothing will ever change that
- but there are other things i won’t forget like:
- when you told me you liked another girl in fifth grade… how i cried, and cried, and cried… that was the first time you ever hurt me.
- when i asked you to prom, when i took the time to make you a video and send it to you inviting you to one of the best nights of my life… i even prepared to get a limo to transport you here, told all my friends you were coming… and then you bailed.
- and you know what… i won’t forget coming to marist with you, you’re the reason i’m here, not only did i love it here… but we agreed it was good for our friendship, and when i got here, you hardly saw me… until, things got better. i had some amazing times at the beginning of the semester with you, and because of you i’ve made some of the most amazing friends i could have ever dreamed of… and then when you left me, they were there for me.
- i’ll never forget how they picked me up when you brought me down.
- when you admitted to hacking my facebook, and i felt as if i’d been punched in the stomach.
- i’ll never forgot those days being miserable, wanting to be your friend… then realizing, it wasn’t worth it…
but you know what, i don’t know if it would have been worth it, maybe our time was up for making good memories, i like to believe in signs and this is a sign that maybe our paths crossed at one time, but now they’ve diverged. and even though they have… the time we were together on that path were some of my fondest memories, and they’ll remain with me forever. you affected my life like no one else ever has and for that, i’m thankful you were in it… and i wouldn’t change a thing.